Umrah or minor pilgrimage is the holy journey to Makkah, which is not obligatory to perform but undertaking this journey for the performance of Umrah is highly suggested. There is not any fixed or prescribed time or month for performing lesser pilgrimage; it can be performed at any time throughout the whole year. Performing Umrah practically is quite different than just studying it as theory.
In order to know about the complete procedure of performance of minor, we should have the knowledge of the steps which are involved.
* Intending to visit Holy city Makkah,
* Getting into the clothing of Umrah, Ihram
* Pronouncing or uttering the Intention,
* Performing Tawaaf seven times around the Holy Kaaba,
* Drinking the water of Zamzam,
* performing Saaee, seven lengths run from Safa to Marwah,
* Halq or Taqseer, the last ritual, this is the shaving of the head hairs completely (for men) and trimming about an inch from the bottom (for women).
If a person is enough financial and physical able to undertake this sacred journey to makkah for the performance of minor pilgrimage, then without wasting time in thinking he or she should make intention and perform minor pilgrimage. A person before leaving for Makkah, should leave enough provision for his family so they will not get trapped in any trouble. Its time to get prepared spiritually with Umrah, person who perform this will get great rewards and blessings that he has never imagined, there are so many things that a person should before leaving for Umrah.
* It is very necessary before going to sacred journey that a person should have cleared all our dues and debts that he owes others. Settlements of dues and debts are very necessary for a pilgrim, only ALLAH Almighty knows that either he will be able to back to their home. Another important reason of clearing all the dues and debt is that if a person is indebted, then according to the religious conditions, he do not qualifies for performing minor pilgrimage, and it is also not allowed in Islam to undertake the sacred journey with borrowed money.
* If you are employee and doing job somewhere then it is considered as manners to inform them and ask permission before deciding and getting leaves for Umrah. It’s absolutely high manners and respectfulness to look for the boss permission and approval. Women can not go on sacred journey alone, she should have to go with their respective mehrams like Father, husband, son, brother etc, who is Muslim and mentally and physical able.
* Muslims seek forgiveness of others before leaving for journey of lifetime; ask forgiveness to those whom we have fought or hurt offended etc.
Cheapumrahpackage.org is one of the authorized Hajj and Umrah agent based in UK, offers a range of December Umrah Packages from UK.